22 April 2018

So many crystals & forest air | photo diary

If you follow me on instagram you've probably already seen alot of these photos but I want to share them here aswell! It's nice to have one post with the memories for you to see and for me to look back on. I know I am super late on posting this, it was last weekend but I haven't found a place I can buy time at yet, lol!

We went away for the weekend to the east of the Netherlands to visit the crystal museum in Borculo and go explore the nature there.
The cyrstal museum was so overwelming but absolutely amazing. They had SO MANY crystals, in every colour imaginable and tiny to truly massive. I've seen crystals I didn't know exist, but also alot I could name. Going there really showed me what crystal I love most cos I kept going to the amethyst pieces and spent the most time staring at them. It's so cool how all the pieces of a particular stone are the same kind but so different!
There were also a bunch of fossils including dinosaur eggs and mammoth bones. It's so cool how something so freaking old still exists in our lifetime. Seeing those things always make me wonder about those times, how life would've been and how it all looked. What kind of animals existed without us knowing, who will never be discovered. Perhaps it was totally different than we interpet, guess we'll never know!

Something I did alot in my childhood was climbing trees and roaming around in nature. I had friends who loved climbing too so we used to go to parks and lil foresty areas and pick our favourite tree to hang out in the top of it. bless the good ol' times before the digital world took over.

It's been so long since I've climbed a tree so it was time it happened haha. I must say that it went pretty well and it was fun to run around in the branches. The tree was really hard so I got some scratches, oh well, battle scars! Disclaimer: no trees were harmed during this event.

Can we just appreciate my husbands hair for a bit right here?^^

The restaurant we stayed at after had a place with fish, who expected food which was really funny cos they kept opening their mounths what looked pretty dumb, haha. Up in the food area they had a slush machine so naturally my night was made. AND they had pizza??! Heck yes. I grabbed hawaii though, the shame. Also spring rolls, curly fries, waffles all that fun stuff. I am always so bad with those kind of places, I don't really like vetgetables (it's bad I know) so I'm always the little kid when it comes to the food there, haha!

I almost never stay in hotels so everytime I do it's such a fun experience! We went swimming right after checking in and stayed in the pool til nearly midnight. Then we went to explore the hotel and it was like we were the only ones there, since everyone had gone to sleep. We walked around halls, closed restaurant, empty rooms... We had everything to ourselves and had alot of fun! Mostly with those fish-eye peepholes and shoe cleaning devices - so soft!

The next day we got some bikes and cruised around the village and forest around it. It was a pretty warm day so being in the forest was quite refreshing. We saw people take walks with their horses and a lot of mountainbikers doing crazy stunts through trees. We hadn't had the chance to go see the mansion thingy yesterday so we went there, which was fun. After that we ditched the bikes and went back home and visited a Castle on the way.

I love castles, especially old ones but this one is so pretty and magical with the water around it. We didn't go in cos there was only an hour left for visitors, so we walked around in the park which was prettyyyy. Blossom everywhere!


Thank you for reading about my adventurous weekend! Till next time<3

2 comments:

  1. I've seen your stories on Instagram. The place looks beautiful ! I love the architecture of the museum *O*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The museum used to be the city hall! It had canals around it and everything!

      Delete