31 March 2018

March favourites

Heya! Today is the last day of march which is perfect to tell you my favourites of this month and hereby also starting this lil serie thingy! Let me know if you want me to do this every month or just leave it at this post lol. (I'll probably do it anyways since it's fun😺)

LIZ MURRAY - BREAKING NIGHT

I am a big fan of books and crazy stories, so Breaking Night by Liz Murray really stood out to me when I stumbled across it. It's about a girl who grew up in a loving but very disfunctional family in the Bronx, she lived there with her mom, dad and older sister. What's disfunctional about that? Well.. her parents were both drug addicts, hardcore ones at that. When she was about four she was looking after her parents and knew pretty much everything about coke. Around the time she had to go to school she felt so disconnected from the other kids that she skipped almost all her classes. Sometimes she went back just to barely get it to the next year, while her teachers and classmates where wondering who she was. Later on shit got real with her mom and she became homeless, roaming the streets by night and crashing at friends by day when their parents weren't home. After that she made a decision that turned her life around for the better. It has so many ups and downs, twists and turns, but you'll have to read it for yourself to find that out! I listened to the audiobook, read by Liz herself which really added to the story in my opinion, because you hear it from the person who experienced it! 

MISFITS (TV SHOW)

I've seen this show before a couple years ago, but I started watching it again with my husband recently. I remembered the big lines but forgot so much that it was a delight to watch again, although, if I hadn't forgot what happened it's still alot of fun!
It's about a bunch of young adults doing community service when they get struck by lightning, giving them strange powers. One can hear thoughts, someone else can turn invisible, all that good stuff. For me the most fun power is Nathan's, he goes a long while trying to figure out what it is, but the moment when he does is so funny and that's something I don't want to spoil!😉 It has it's moments of gore so beware if you don't like that, but in my opinion it's worth the watch! There's so much dry humor and fun situations, plus it's an UK show so yay for the accents!

ESSENCE MATTE LIPSTICK "08 IT'S A STATEMENT"

Having red hair allows me to wear red lipstick again! I can be really bothered when colours of my hair, makeup or outfit don't match, so now is the time for this lipstick again! I have the brown version aswell called "13 out of the box" and it's so lovely that I had to get this one aswell. I really don't like shimmery or glossy lipsticks and I don't see that many matte ones, well, ones that are not liquid lipsticks at least, so finding this one was quite a nice surprise! It stays on nicely aswell and feels really light on my skin.

MILE HIGHER PODCAST

If you are into conspiracies, mysteries and all that fun stuff, then you should totally check out the mile higher podcast! This is something I listen to every monday and is so interesting. Youtuber Kendall Rae and her husband, who's also on youtube, started this to talk about all kinds of interesting topics and, the name already says it, it's where they take it a mile higher. They talk about mysteries, true crime, aliens.. you name it! Their channel content consists of this stuff aswell but on the podcast they really go in depth and talk about it more in detail. Although I don't nesseceraly believe everything they talk about, it's really interesting to hear them discuss about it nevertheless! Oh, and you don't have to listen to them on YT, they are on Spotify and iTunes aswell which makes it so easy to listen to everywhere you are! Even if that is on the bike to work or school, haha.

PLATFORM SNEAKERS

I've probably already spammed the hell out of you with these sneakers, but damn they are comfy. I'm wearing these literally 6 out of 7 days lol. I've always been a sneaker person but feeling every tiny thing on the ground get's a little annoying over time. Ever since I've discovered there are platform sneakers roaming the world my hunt started. Then I found them! a couple years back, I worn them until and beyond they fell apart, so then my search continued. Until I found these babies a couple weeks ago at H&M, can you believe it? Freaking H&M! Ever since then we are inseparable! I love how platforms look and sneakers are, well, I guess they are just my thing. :)

NECK DEEP

Oh the joys of finding a cool new band you could listen to 24/7! I'm currently listening to Neck Deep on repeat atm, their music is so interesting and fun, it makes me want to dance and sing along with everything! If you haven't heard of them, they are a lil pop punk band from Wales and was founded by Ben Barlow and Lloyd Roberts in 2012. The songs In Bloom, Parachute and Worth It are the ones that will be played til broken most likely ahah. I love how their music video's are so artistic aswell, every one is super different and I love the creativity that's put into it. Also Ben looks alot like my brother which I think is super funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment