22 October 2020

October thoughts

How is it October already? Time goes by so fast. I feel like I say that so much but it really does fly by like crazy. This year especially has been so weird. Of course this whole pandemic made time feel so surreal, it's making it stand still and skip months at the same time. March feels like years away but it also feels like it's just passed. Times are just weird man.

I'm absolutely not mad it's October though, as it's my absolute favourite month and I really wish it wasn't flying by as much as it is. If anything I wish it would last longer.

Other than that I'm absolutely thriving in this whole "staying home" thing, it's wonderful. I'm such a homebody and working from home and spending my time creating things and hanging out with my husband is really not bad at all. My introverted self wouldn't mind if this aspect of the pandemic would last forever.

With Halloween vast approaching and having lots of US and UK friends I'm more and more aware of the fact that the Netherlands is just a black hole when it comes to Halloween and it's making me wish every year that stores sold cool decorations - and well, that we just actually celebrated Halloween over here. I still enjoy the vibe coming from my friends though and seeing them decorate their homes all dark and spooky is wonderful! So I'll just stick to doing fun looks and taking in all the online festivities around me.

I've also been journaling a lot, autumn inspires me so much and I always feel this urge to create things and capture all the beauty of this season. Some might say autumn represents dying, but I see beauty in the "death" of nature that surrounds us these months. The lil mushrooms that bloom between the orange leaves, the frogs and other little animals that go about their lives preparing for winter. The cold mornings and evenings that create misty and watery sunrises and sunsets, it's all wonderful. I wish autumn would last longer than it does, but all things come to an end eventually.

I've been a bit all over the place in this post and I didn't even talk about this outfit - not like that would be interesting anyways - but then again I feel like all my posts are chaotic, haha! So you and I are just gonna have to deal with it. πŸ§‘


2 comments:

  1. Your outfit is more than extremely interesting - it looks fabulous!
    I also love the decor surrounding tht mirror where you took that beautiful selfie!
    The coronavirus has definitely put a damper on Halloween celebrations this year where I am.
    All my best wishes for these last 9 days of October, for Halloween, and for the rest of Autumn!

    my blog (a Halloween 2018 post)
    my YouTube
    my Twitte

    ReplyDelete