17 August 2020

So I made a funky cardigan

Oh man how I love crocheting. You can really create anything you'd like and that makes it so exciting!

For the past couple weeks I've been working on creating this cardigan and I'm SO pleased with the way it came out! There's little things that I, the creator, see and wished I did different, but I'm going to love and cherish this garment regardless. I honestly truly love it.

Sometimes you might get scared about starting or doing something, I know I do, but I'm trying to go ahead and just do it. I'm trying to let go of the perfectionist in me, stop overthinking and just go. I've been really trying to focus more on the positive and happy things, instead of worrying about every little thing. The world already beats us down, so I'm doing my best to be kind to myself and let myself do and make things that make me happy, without the constant worry if it'll be perfect or not.

If it's not perfect, that's fine. It's been a fun process and that means that you at least went and did it. It's hard, I know, but the least I can do is to try and be nice to myself!

I was just hanging out on Social Media when I saw a jumper from The Ragged Priest and I immediately fell in love. I debated purchasing it but then I decided it would be more fun to recreate it as a cardigan! I swapped the colours around a bit until I was happy with it and started crocheting. I thought of this half-double crochet V stitch - which apparently already existed - and I thought it would be the perfect stitch to imitate the knitted effect from the original jumper!

I wanted to be able to be super cozy and comfortable in this cardigan, so I went with the oversized look. This way I'll be able to wrap it around me when it's cold and have it kind of act like a blanket aswell.
And now that it's finished I know that will work out perfectly! As it's soft, super big and it's VERY warm. I really cannot wear it at the moment as it's constantly 30ºC, so my excitement for autumn has sky-rocketed. Looking forward to really test out this cardigan and be all cozy in it makes me 10000x more excited for autumn! As if I wasn't excited enough already.

Although this is SO much more colourful than I would normally wear, I'm actually super content with it, as I've noticed that I'm slowly but surely gravitating towards more colour anyways. That might be summer talking, but the hippie in me is way too happy to have all these colours around. We'll see how long it lasts! At least it's much fun for now!

I already have loads of ideas for other projects I could crochet, which I'm equally as excited about and I'll make sure to keep you posted if you'd be interested to see it!

Please don't melt away in this heat and enjoy creating things you want, without overthinking too much! And with that I wish you a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment