30 October 2020

Autumn favourites 🍂

This month wouldn't be complete if I didn't talk about some of my favourite things so let me tell you a bit about it!

Journaling

As it's my absolute favourite month I want to capture it as much as I can and I've been doing my best to do that through my journal. I made one last month with some cool Halloween fabrics that a friend super kindly sent me all the way from the US! Those fabrics inspired me so much and I felt like it would be a perfect cover for an autumn/halloween journal. I've been having so much fun sticking things down in there and writing out thoughts and moments I've experienced this month. I've really noticed that with my journal the autumn and dark academia style pages call to me so loudly, so I've been trying to make all the pages vibe that way. It's just such a fun thing to do and I love that I'm creating these memories within these pages to look back on.




Music

Of course music has been a favourite thing of mine this month, when is it not? I just love music so bloody much. I've been listening to some older things again, like Love & Death and just random songs I used to listen to in my teens. So they're not quite old, but old as in I-used-to-listen-to-them-back-in-the-day old. I'm enjoying it so much and I feel like I get nostalgic so much, but it's just fun. :) I listen to music so much so I feel like I talk about it a lot, but it's just such an important thing in my life, as I take so much joy from it. I'm also dancing a lot more to music nowadays, which is great because that means I'm more confident with myself.





Being a guest on my friend's podcast

So this is really cool! I listen to podcasts a lot and I am very interested in doing a podcast myself, so being asked by Melanie was so awesome. She's such a good friend and wonderful person and we just get each other so well, so it was so fun to have a chat with her again, aswell as getting to know her sister and co-host Amanda. They're both so funny and easy to talk to and we just had so much fun recording the episode! We touched on a lot of subjects like autism, bullying, crafts and being non-binary. Which might be hard subjects to talk about, but I think it's important to be more open about it in order to help other people not feel alone and feel accepted! It really isn't a shameful thing and I think that talking about it helps others open up about it too, which will hopefully lessen the taboo of these subjects! Because in the end we can't change who we are, so getting to know ourselves better and trying to be open about it in the process is so important.




Reading

Yes! I've finally picked up a book again! Okay, I've read it a hundred times already, but it's just such a lovely book to read. It's called Stravaganza and it's my all time favourite book series, it's just so wonderful! It's basically about this guy from 21st century London who travels to a 16th century parallel city called Bellezza, which we know as Venice. The story is just so good and mystical and I love reading about his aventures in this parallel world by night, while still living his London life by day. It really never bores me and I rediscover all these wonderful things every time I read it. Picturing this world is so fun and it's just such a good book to get lost in.




This candle

Might be pretty random to add something like this to the list, but this candle is great. It's so beautiful - well, not anymore as I've burned it already. Yes that was painful, haha. And the best thing is that it smells like coffee! I absolutely love the smell of coffee, which is funny because I really don't like the taste of it. I love everything else about it though, so I'm so excited to have this candle! I'm so happy that Riah wanted to do this art trade with me, because her candles are just amazing. You can look at more of her candles here if you want! So yea, now I can have the smell of coffee anytime I want to, which is pretty damn rad.




Drawing

I've not drawn much this month. Well, this entire year I guess. But I've drawn some things here and there and it's been so lovely to do again. I've mostly just made little things that I can use in my journal, like these little stamps. I love using things like stamps in my journal and I felt like it would be better if I had lil spooky ones to go with my whole autumn / halloween-y theme I've got going on in there! I really want to be drawing more and I certainly plan on doing so, but I've just not really had much inspiration lately. Then my friend Rob came to the rescue with this art prompt "forest friends", which was so fun to do and I just really enjoyed drawing something with a lil theme!



I hope you had a lovely October! I'm very sad it's near to an end now, but autumn is still in full swing! So I hope your day will be filled with cozy feelings and a warm drink in your hand. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment