22 May 2020

Why hello summer evenings

Sometimes days are horrendous, but others go absolutely fantastic - and I'm happy to say this was one of the fantastic days. πŸ‘

Honestly, it was a wholesome one. I spent the day working on crocheting my black and green jumper, which is going to be looking super rad by the way, it's taking a while but I'm down to the sleeves, so it probably won't be long before I can finish it! It's a project that allows me to get rid of some wonky balls of yarn and hopefully along the way I'll get a comfy piece of clothing out of it!
And if you spot some of these pictures you'll find me wearing a bag I've recently finished crocheting! I've been missing having a bag like this ever since my old one gave out after about 10 years of service, so I felt like treating myself to a new one!

I also had a chat with my wonderful friend Holly, who always brightens my day with her presence. She is so lovely and it's so fun to be creative together over our video calls!

The weather is absolutely lovely lately and quite honestly, it might have even been a little too warm if you ask me. But that's called summer and I have to get over it. :) Anyways, how delightful are summer evenings though? They're so soft and nice smelling. I love how calm they always seem to be and how somehow there's always a scent of campfire in the air. However this evening a whole bunch of floofy bits were in the air, haha. They did make the pictures look cool tho! Good thing we are not allergic to pollen - a minute of silence for those who are.

Honestly, the mornings too, they're so nice. Just this morning I stepped into the garden and it immediately brought me to those mornings on the camping, stepping out of the tent, feeling the coldness of the earth in the morning dew before the sun had the chance to wake up yet. The smell of coffee traveling by and making yourself some breakfast before sitting down to take in the morning air some more before properly starting the day. Oh man, I really want to go camping now.☕πŸ•️🌿

Do you ever have your eye on this particular piece of clothing and just never actually go and buy it, then remember it again and realize you've been eyeing it for a solid three years so you go ahead and get it? Yep that's the story with this jumper.πŸ’ I can remember exactly when I saw the purple version on the Killstar website and how I kept that tab open on my phone for so long. Then they released this version and that was it, I had no excuses anymore. Quite honestly I'm so happy I finally got it because it's one of my favourite pieces of clothing to date. It's just so comfy and, most importantly, long. And trust me when I say it's hard to find sleeves that are long enough when you have long limbs, it's truly a struggle sometimes. Doesn't help that I like to be buried in it, but that's just how it's most comfortable!

Killstar recently released a green version of this too and to be honest, I really want to own that one aswell. Guess I'll report back in a couple years letting you know if I got it, haha!

Top Killstar |jeans old and DIY | shoes H&M | sunglasses AliExpress

And to close off this post, please listen to Den grymma hΓ€sten by Forndom. A v good song that always makes me feel nice and calm, so maybe it will for you too - you never know!πŸ‘ Please take care of yourselves and others and be safe out there! And with that I'm wishing you a wonderful day, world goth day to be precise! Have a good one you spooky beans.πŸ’š


2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you had a fantastic Spring day!!!
    The black and green jumper you've been working on sounds fashiontastic.
    Your outfit looks very fashionable and fun to be wearing.
    I like the looks of your horizontal striped Killstar knit top paired with the stressed vintage+DIY black denim jeans.
    You look very happy in your dancing GIF (I love it)!!!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I'm excited to finish it☺️ you are so kind!!

      Delete