03 April 2020

The forest elfπŸŒ™πŸŒΏ

It is I, the forest elf, here to keep watch over things that go on in my area of the deep green forest.

In this moment we are all tied to our own bit of forest in a way, or park, or island - for the lot that's currently playing animal crossing. These days we have to make due with our lil house and find something to do from within these walls. For me it's not that hard, I'm home most of the time anyways so my daily routine hasn't changed that much, apart from me working at home instead of the office!

Supermarkets are a bit weird though, in the beginning everything was completely gone, but now you see people with masks, gloves and we're required to use a shopping card as to keep our distance. Everyone tries to be as careful as can be and I'm glad they're taking it seriously - although some people really didn't read the memo yet.πŸ™ƒ

Right, so weird shit aside, I've been really enjoying this quarantine. Not having to put on makeup for work, sleeping in a little longer than normal, wearing anything I want - as I'm just staying inside all day. I am here for it. It's also given me the opportunity to be more creative and have lots of video calls with my friends! Of course this thing is serious, but we can enjoy the positive side to it, right?

I'm sure lots of you have the same answer, but if you were to ask me which room is my favourite, I'd say my bedroom! Of course it's because I love sleeping, but also because it looks like a cabin somewhere in the middle of the woods. It's so cozy and dark, I love it! 
The ultimate dream is to live in a cabin far away, tucked between trees and waterfalls, but for now this room will definitely suffice!

This day I had my hair, makeup and outfit all planned out and I am so happy that everything - even the photography - went so well! These pictures turned out so good and I must say, I'm quite proud of myself. Some days go absolutely shit and others go entirely the way you've hoped!

I've been listening to my Shieldmaiden playlist again and it always inspires me to dress up really cool and dramatically, as if I belonged in the viking ages where I'm that mysterious creature that collects ferns and green crystals for unknown reasons. And I decided to actually wear this dress I made a while ago, as it is the exact style I was going for. I had seen someone wear a dress like this and thought - as it mostly goes when I see a cool piece of clothing - "I can make that!".

It's funny, one day I'll feel like one 'aesthetic' and then the other it'd be totally different. I'm constantly rotating between these different vibes and because of that I never really felt like I belonged in any of them. Although now I can see that it's actually alot of fun to rotate between them! So I was thinking, perhaps it's fun to make a little series on my blog with these different 'faces' of mine.☺️

So this is the elven side of me, the one that enjoys painting things on the face, writing in runes and wearing dark and flowy things. The one that wants to have dreads and roam the woods while being all dark and mysterious. I love this version of me.

This is the forest elf.🌿

No comments:

Post a Comment