28 February 2020

The Hufflepuff to my Slytherin

Is it just me or does this outfit scream hufflepuff? Yellow, flowers, appropiate for an afternoon in Herbology tending to some magical sunflowers, it's got it all.

When I saw this top and skirt online I knew I just had to have them. It's got sunflowers, tartan, cool buckles... I was pretty nervous to see if I had chosen the right size, as I'm one of those people that actually rather shops in real life instead of online, despite the 100% increase of human contact. So I was quite happy to find I was able to fit into everything, even fitting into some things a little too well! With this skirt being one of them, so it will soon have an appointment with my sewing machine. I was just too excited to wear this outfit before actually taking it in, so here we are!

Despite it being a little too big this skirt is my new true love - although that might be a blessing in disguise! Because it means there's probably extra length, which I'm always grateful for. Idk if I'm the only one in this but I often feel the need to wear a longer skirt under my main one, as they never manage to beat my long, long legs. Same goes for over-knee socks, they're always just knee socks for me. Sad.

With the days getting longer again, the light showing up earlier and birbs chirping in the trees, you'd assume the warmth to go with it but nah. It's been stormy for weeks now and I had actually given up on my hopes for being able to go outside and take pictures, but then it actually cleared up for a minute and, with my sister in tow, I hopped outside. The sun even showed her face for a moment! But I can tell you one thing, it was cold. I know, I know, winter and all. But you know, I had this thing of "I just got this so I must wear it immediately" so here we are! :D

Sunflower top Shein || Skirt Shein || Choker made by a friend || Boots Disturbia

I think this skirt will go absolutely hand in hand with a sweater, so not all is lost for the remainder of this thing we call winter! Throw in some yellow legwarmers and I think we can call it a day!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful outfit, the yellow and green goes so well together!

    ReplyDelete