31 December 2019

Favourite things I did in 2019


2019 was kind of a strange year. It went by so fast, yet lasted so long! I did some things that's worth mentioning though, so here they are, all in one place.🙌🏻


Going to Elfia with Scy
This was the first time I went to any kind of fantasy fair and it was so fun! We saw so many cool people and costumes, which I could only image took so much time and effort. I mean, we had fairly simple looks and I remember being quite busy assembling it in the weeks leading up to it. Me and Scy were dressed as purple and green vampires, although that might not have been very clear, but it was fun nevertheless!
And I met Psychara there which was pretty cool.🙌

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Traveling to Slovenia
I've been on a couple holidays this year, but I think Slovenia was my favourite. That kind of nature always captures me and it didn't help that we went in my favourite season.🍂🍄

All the places we explored were awesome, but I think my favourite was a location near our holiday home, which had a very high waterfall you could walk around, and the nature there was just absolutely beautiful.


I've visited two cool castles
Cochem and Hohenzollern. Germany has the absolute coolest castles and architecture.


Picked up my drawing (even if it was for a short amount of time)
This has been kind of an an off and on thing, but I feel like that in this lil moment of drawing madness I've figured out my style a whole lot more! I definitely want to pick up the pencil a lot more in 2020, which I think is very likely, as I've made a sketchbook for myself in my journal. So the first step has already been set!

In a weird way this also lead to me opening my own Etsy store! That has been a wild ride aswell, with me recently already hitting 300 sales! It's been crazy, the amount of support I've gotten and to think that so many people have something I've made in their posession, it's definitely weird to think about!

Oh and embroidery! That's something I started to do alot this year and hey, it's so fun!!

I made some really cool online friends
This year I've been more active on twitter and with that I've made some awesome friends! They're all so so lovely and this is definitely one of those moments where I'm thankful of technology, because it's so strange to think I would've never met them if we didn't have the internet.

Starting a proper journal
Just like drawing, I've always been kind of journalling off and on, tried different things but nothing really sticked. Until I found this travelers notebook thing, where you can costumize the entire layout of your notebook! The style of the notebook is very tall and slim, which interested me so much. So I decided to make my own and I've been obsessed with it ever since!

Along the way, I've actually found a way of journalling that works for me and it's been so wonderful. I never knew that I missed writing and being creative in this way until I started it back up again!



I went out into nature a lot more
Whether it was on holidays or just random day outings. It's so fun to discover places and be around nature, plus it really helps to have a partner that finds the coolest little things, weird looking plants and animals I would never notice on my own!


Being in a butterfly garden
So the zoo near us recently opened a new section where butterflies roam free, which is so cool! They flutter all around you and just sit on your hand or wherever, it's awesome. And I actually captured a little group of blue butterflies which was so cool!

Afbeelding

Korn released a new album
Not something I did but they're my absolute favourite, so a new album is worthy to make it to this list! It took some time for me to decide if I like this album, but I think that in the end I definitely do. I love that they brought back the bagpipe a lot more and their overall older sound. It's covered in some lighter sounds sometimes, but it is there! They're coming to the Netherlands this upcoming year, so those tickets have been in my pocket ever since they were available. I must say I'm already very nervous, but it will be so damn awesome!

2019 was a good year, it's been a one of creativity for me. I opened my shop, been sewing a whole lot and I've picked up my pencil a lot more. I've accomplished alot, even when some things were scary, I did them anyways!


See you in 2020!


No comments:

Post a Comment