30 June 2019

Life is short, art is long ♡


Since being back in the Netherlands I've been having so many ideas for embroidery and clothing crafts! So I have decided it's best to start a kind of journal where I can doodle and write all my ideas in. Turned out to be a great idea! I've been forgetting and remembering stuff so many times, so now that I'm finally trying to write it all down my brain has been so thankful. I also took it upon myself to do a little DIY on the notebook since it was just plain black. As you might know I'm quite the lover for detail, somehow fully decorated stuff just draws me in, so I couldn't resist!

I have written down most of my ideas in this little rectangle and it's cleaned up my mind so much! Not that big of a surprise really, because, well, expecting your already forgetful brain to remember a hundred things at all times has proven to be pretty impossible! I keep catching myself remembering this one idea and worrying I haven't written it down yet, when in reality I actually did! So kids, get your notebook and dump whatever your brain wants you to dump and I assure you it'll be so nice.

A little while back I went to a thrift store and found this Amon Amarth long sleeve! I'm so happy with the find and I've been wearing it every change I get. Which is not that much because the sun is currently blazing! Forecast promises us a colder week now though, so I'm happy about that. I've also finally put on press-on nails so I'm feeling super fancy again. :) These purple ones have been chilling in my drawer for the right time but I was like: this is as good a time as any! So here we are.


Some things I've been playing with recently are embroidery necklaces, patches and coin purses. It's so adorable and I'm having so much fun creating these little things! A couple years back I made some tote bags and I'm excited to get back on making those aswell. :) I'm gonna create some stuff that I can sell on Etsy so I'll keep you updated on that! I'll mainly have stuff I've crafted with fabric and the occasional drawing, but that's for a later moment. For now I'm just focusing on all things sewn and embroidered!



Next to that I've really been enjoying some more industrial and goth-y sounding music recently. I keep catching myself repeating a couple songs over and over resulting in them playing in my head nonstop. I love them all though so I'm just kinda dancing along 24/7. Of course my music taste is still all over the place so I've made a little spring playlist with what I've been listening to lately! It's not spring anymore, I know, but I'm still in denial. :)

And with that, I thank you for reading my little ramblings and wish you a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment