25 April 2019

Current favourites

Hi! Long time no see. I've revamped my blog, changed the name and it feels all fresh again! So, I want to start off by talking about some things I've been loving recently, it's spring so everyone is in this happy state of mind so in light of that I'm going to share a little bit of my excitement.😺


Embroidery
One thing I've really been loving thse days. Call me a grandma because this is what my free time looks like now; needles, thread and poking a hundred million holes in a piece of fabric. I can't help it, I'm just having so much fun with it! I had never really done it [other than a massive lifesized self-portrait for school, although I only used the one filling stitch] but then I saw all different kinds of embroidery art pieces on Pinterest and my hands begun to itch uncomfortably. Before I knew it I had ordered a hoop and dug up my embroidery thread. I tried some lil things on socks [since the hoop took forever to get here] and tried some different stitches to get in the swing of things. I really wanted to make something that looks like lace and spring-y, which is the project I'm currently working on! I absolutely adore the crescent moon, so I decided to go with that shape, since it fits so well with lace. I already have so many ideas lined up for when I finish this piece, which - if you're curious - I will post about on my instagram or twitter most likely when I finish it!
There's so many fun stitches to work with and endless things to make, I want to tell you all about my plans for next projects but we would be here all night, haha! Pillowcases, pockets, curtain details, lil landscapes....



Santa Clarita Diet
I just started this show but I'm already so in love with it! It's so hilarious and weird therefore it's right up my alley. Sometimes the show's a little predictable but that makes it easy to watch and the amount of times I literally laughed out loud is more than I can count. In case you haven't heard of it; it's about a couple who lives in the subburbs with their teenage daughter, when suddenly the wife becomes sick and throws up somewhere around the amount of a local river. Afterwards she can only bear to eat raw meat and, after the taste of human flesh, doesn't want to eat anything else. Talk about a complicated diet. It's really funny to see how the whole family tries to become adapt to this new situation and still keep it together to not get the attention of their cop neighbours.

Gerelateerde afbeelding


Heart sunglasses
Now that the summer season is upon us, sunglasses are a necessity again. But honestly, I just wear them every time it's bright out. I kinda stumbled upon this pair when I was browsing on AliExpress and fell in love, fun sunglasses are always so much better than plain ones, let's be real! You can click here for the link if you want one too.😊 These sunglasses give me such summer goth vibes and I'm so here for it, a green pair and my summer will be complete!💚



Disturbia Luna boots
I got these boots at a little inconvenient time because they're a little too warm for the spring and summertime but look how gorgeous they are! It kinda looks like the boot is twisted and I think that's such a cool and unique design. I always love the little details but also chunky boots, so these are perfect. They are platforms which is something I really can't live without ever since I set foot in my first platform sneakers [pun intended]. Oh how I miss those sneakers, they were really wack and cheap but I managed to live in them for three years before they gave up on me and I've been missing them ever since. Idk if it's just me but I HATE having to feel literally every stone I stand on and getting headaces because I walk with my heels alot apparently, so platforms are a-ma-zing and I'll wear them 'til the day I die. These boots are so warm which is perfect for the colder months! I can't wait for autumn so I can stomp around in them all the time. I'll be the one who's kicking groups of golden leaves in style, haha!



Friday the 13th shirt
Soo I literally just got this shirt at H&M and hOLY CRAP I'm obsessed. It was in the sale section reduced to €8 so I was like yeeees, but then at checkout the lady was like "oh this one has dropped more in price" and I ended up only paying €2 for this gem. Sometimes H&M really has some cool stuff, I always end up finding cool tops there just when I need some. I think it would be so fun to wear this on friday the 13ths but the first one is still a long way down the road, aka September. So for you scary-cats, you still have a few carefree months. :)



Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day🖤


2 comments:

  1. That floral embroidered crescent moon looks beautiful! You're very talented, and your hair and eye-makeup look gorgeous! I also love the heart-shaped sunnies. I have NetFlix but haven't watched any of the show Santa Clarita Diet yet. Have a wonderful Friday the 13th of September!

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/10/last-minute-halloween-excuse-post-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the embroidered crescent moon is beautiful! i wish i knew how to do embroidery. love the heart shaped sunnies, i recently got a pair of pink ones.

    ReplyDelete