31 May 2017

Stripping Colour from Extensions using Dish Soap


Dyeing your hair extensions is fun, untill you want a different colour, then you need to strip the color out and here's the method I find most friendly for it. 😊
It can be really frustrating to want to dye your extensions another colour, because you're changing your hair. But as you may know, it's pretty hard to get that colour out.
You may think about bleaching it, but DON'T do it before you have tried this method!

I will share with you what process I go through with my extensions to strip out the old colour, so another colour can take it's place.

At first, get some dishwashing soap and a pan. Fill that pan with a bunch of water and add the soap (I use a ton of soap because I feel like that tends to work more effective). Stir the water around so the soap spreads throughout the water. While you're doing that you can turn on the stove and let the water become warm (DON'T let it boil! That's tooo hot and kinda fries the hair). Then put your extensions in! I'd recommend putting them in a ponytail so the hair won't get super tangled. That's a thing you have to be careful of though, because it's safer to stir the extensions around (so the chance of them getting stuck on the bottom dissapears), they can get tangled and that's super annoying to brush out!

Let your hair in there for about 10 minutes and keep calmly stirring. After that take them out of the pan, I always use the spoon I stir with since the extensions can be pretty warm. Then rinse them with warm water until all the soap is gone and leave them somewhere to dry!

It's that simple. :)
If it doesn't work on your extensions, you can go ahead and use a bleach bath or run straight to the full bleach process if you want to.
I would recommend trying the dishwash soap thingy first though since it's a lot less damaging to the hair.


My extensions are from VpFashion and are 22" - 260 grams.
(you can use my code "mermaidvp" for $10 off your order!)
As you can see on the pictures it was red with yellow at first and I had the luck that they faded to pink, the color I wanted (semi-permanent red dyes are orange or pink based, mine was obviously pink based haha).


If you're still having questions or uncertanties about this method, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to clear things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment