10 February 2021

Seems like it's still winter after all

Hello snow! It's been a while. It's been snowing since the weekend and everything is so bright, white and cold. It's lovely.

We used to have snow nearly every winter here in the Netherlands, but lately it's become more and more of a rare sighting. We've had about two days of snow here in the past two years? So when the forecast said it'd be snowing for a week we were like :o. You know when you hear something that's too good to be true? That was the feeling!
But here we are, with actual snow covering everything in a layer of glittery white dust, little bits of snow continuously falling, making everything look even more magical. We were even snowed in a bit when we tried to go outside! It had blown up on the door leaving a wall of icy snow to step over when we opened it, haha.

So yea, we had a little walk around in nature and it was COLD. Still is, even safely between these four walls. But I'm quickly cold anyways so that doesn't say much. I believe it gets about -15ºC which us Dutchies haven't experienced for quite some time, so yea, it's cold. :)

There's something about snow though, that makes everything look so magical and calm. Everthing is so silent and bright and it's like the world finally takes some time to slow down and take a break from this still-quite-busy life. You rarely hear cars going by and if they do they're so muffled and slowed down. It's strange to see, or rather, hear. There's a curfew going on currently too, so it was already silent in the evening and night, but it seems to be even more so now. I don't mind at all though, I love the silence snow brings.




1 comment:

  1. Your Dutch winter wonderland photographs are great!
    It is nice being reminded of how pretty the it can look,
    and of that magical and calm feeling.
    I often forget the feeling I used to have playing in it when I was young.
    It's snowing here in Long Island, New York too.
    There has been a fair amount of it here this year after having had very little snow last winter.
    I am looking forward to Spring - only a month away!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete